Monday, January 22, 2007

Luck ran out

Grrr.

Found 3 pounds

Weight 250lbs.

I was counting points for 4 of the 3 days. I did have a birthday ... with cake (too much)... not enough walking inbetween. This may also be my body catching up with my "winging it" approach in the last 2 weeks.

You know, I thought I was doing better last week too... despite the cake on the B'day. I had even brought in a lean cuisine ( I call them lame cuisine)to work but found it not enough to satisfy this bear. mid afternoon I was grazing for more food... and someone brought in girl scout cookies. Please don't feed the bears.

I am back on track this week. No cake or girl scouts in sight. I am counting points and back to walking.

( Thanks for the nudge Kim)

6 comments:

FatnoMore said...

Hi,
Glad to see you are commited to getting back on track. It's time to dig deep this week and nail a 2 lb weight loss. The only way to get over a gain is to bounce back harder. Good luck, Ill check in next week and congratulate you on the loss!!!

Don Q. said...

Microwave 94% fat free popcorn. You can make it at work; It is a core food (essentially 0 points); and it's crunchy. If you want, it can be salty too.

This is the only way I've been able to stay on the diet at work. You will get hungry. There will be crappy food around. If you don't have something to munch on, you're toast.

ArleneWKW said...

Someone once pointed out to me the linguistic problem with saying that one "loses" weight. You underscore this by labeling your gain "found." You do this as a matter of humor and I find this post to be a delight in that regard. I take the linguistic problem seriously though. This is why I identify my blog as "Getting Rid of the Regain." I also try to use the term "getting rid of" to refer to lbs. that I've "lost." weight As a matter of simplicity I sometimes use the latter term, but I do consciously.

The good thing is that you're back on track. Staying committed to your goal and focused on it is major.

Kim Ayres said...

I'm not so sure about the popcorn. Sure, if you leave the butter off, it's very low fat, but according to the stats on the side of the packet, it's still quite calorific.

Still, in the early days it's all about finding systems and strategies that work for you.

Unknown said...

I gained from my recent b-day, too. No worries. It will come off again. :)

FatnoMore said...

Nudge Nudge Sir Knight. Time to get back on with the crusade.