Thursday, January 4, 2007

Week 6: Back on track

I managed to lose 1.5 pounds post Holiday food festivities.

Weight : 249.0
Weekly Loss : 1.5 lbs
Total loss 5.6 lbs

I've been walking a mile a day this week, but I have to admit to not counting points religiously. I've only been flying by instinct. I need to get back to the "routine" or I'll blow it.

It's tough. Like one day, at the tail end of my walk, I passed a sub shop and couldn't stop myself from having a hot pastrami... ( one of my weaknesses but high in points) ... that night I had a spaghetti squash spaghetti to compensate with LOTS of salad. I fogot about the temptations that come and the "voices" telling me which way to go or not go. Its a constant internal struggle. Blogging about it gets it out of my head.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Compensating the same day rather than feeling you blew it and so writing off the rest of the day, is a seriously good state of mind. It took me a LONG time to reach it.

ArleneWKW said...

I've been struggling also. I very much agree with you about the importance of returning to a routine. I think you're helping yourself with the walking. I think you can give yourself kudos the next time you walk past the sub shop without going in. After you've done this for a few days and then a few weeks, walking by it without going in will be routine for you.